Nicosia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NCCI)
The Nicosia Chamber of Commerce and Industry (NCCI) was established in 1952 and it is associated with the Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCCI). Since then, NCCI went through various stages of development which led to its present structure which is considered to be the most successful form of organization of the Nicosia enterprises. It is a private non-profit organization financially independent. The chamber is governed by a 20 member council which is elected by its members. The Nicosia Chamber is represented at the CCCI through its elected representatives. Today over 1250 local and 270 international companies are registered to the Nicosia Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Besides the town and district of NCCI also covers geographically the town and district of Kerynia and the area of Morphou.
The activity of the NCCI is multisided and is focusing on the following:
- To actively pursue the Economic Social, Cultural and regional development of the city, as well as the district of Nicosia.
- To offer Substantial Services to its entrepreneur members and promote solutions to local problems.
- To attend to its traditional role in resolving the commensurate problems of the business community of Nicosia on Industry, Trade, Services and local administration issues.
- To follow the winder economics issues and initiate actions and advise to remedy situations to the local legislative body and public administration.
- To capitalize the European programs and funds so as to be in a position to utilized the structural and other aid for the benefit of its member.