Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Stéphane Teasdale is a partner at Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP in Toronto, Canada. He is renowned in Canada and abroad for his unique expertise in the area of domestic and international franchising. Stéphane was also formerly a partner in a large International Law firm.
Stéphane provides legal and strategic counsel in transactional and litigation matters dealing with corporate, commercial and business law, franchising, competition and intellectual property. He advises prominent Canadian franchise systems expanding internationally, as well as Canadian, American and foreign franchise and distributions systems wishing to establish themselves or expand in Canada and particularly in Québec. Stéphane also advises several Canadian networks, which have opened and expanded internationally to markets in Europe, the Middle East, China and Africa.
Actively involved in Canadian, American and International Franchise Associations, Stéphane is currently the Vice President and an executive committee member of the Québec Franchise Council. He is recognized in Canada, the United States and abroad as one of the few experts in franchise law in Canada, an honour that has been repeatedly acknowledged by The Canadian Legal LEXPERT Directory, The Best Lawyers in Canada 2016, Who’s Who Legal: Canada 2016 and more recently by Chambers Canada 2017.
In both domestic and international forums, Stéphane is a frequent lecturer on franchise and distribution matters related to markets locally, nationally and internationally. He is also an author of numerous published articles.
A graduate of the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, the Université du Québec School of Business and Queen’s School of Business, Stéphane was called to the Québec Bar in 1988, and is a member of the Canadian, American and International Bar Associations.
For more about Stéphane, follow the link.
Managing Director THE FRANCHISE CO
Mr. Panagiotis Rousopoulos is the Managing Director and Founder of THE FRANCHISE CO: the largest and most specialized consulting company in franchising issues and networking. With high-level specialized and trained staff, with years of experience, adequate infrastructure and partnerships with the most reputable companies, our company provides comprehensive services in franchising and retailing issues.
THE FRANCHISE CO was established in 1997 by Mr. Roussopoulos, who is situated in the area of franchise and retail since 1984. Since its establishment, participates with great success in the organization and development of companies through franchising. We work with management of successful companies that wish further growth by exploiting the potential of franchise, while we provide services to prospective franchisees who want to join a network.
Since 1997 with 25 years and longer experience of its staff, the THE FRANCHISE CO has undertaken until today the design and implementation of more than 280 projects for the development of retail large number of business networks in the area of retail. Our customers include well-known retail chains such as: VODAFONE, ETEM, OPEN 24, INFOQUEST, MICROLAND, 5ASEC, MEDIA STROM, GREGORY MIKROGEVMATA, L ‘ARTIGIANO, Coffee Loumidis etc.
Mr. Rousopoulos has acted as a development consultant for franchise chains and retail outlets in Greece and the Balkans. Other positions included his seven year tenure as the Director of Development and Strategic Planning in addition to being the General Manager at WENDY’s in Greece, the role of General Manager in companies of the Nika Group, the Commercial Director at EBME AE, and more.
Additionally, he has drafted a significant number of studies for companies varying from Retail, QSR, Textiles, Mobile Telephony, Construction Materials, Supermarkets, IT, Financial Services, Clothing, Office Furnishing, Wood Processing, Food etc. He is the President and Managing Director of Brainway AE, the master franchisee of Dale Carnegie Training in Greece.
Director General of Invest Cyprus
Natasa Pilides is the Director General of Invest Cyprus, and has the overall responsibility of implementing the Organisation’s mandate and strategy in close cooperation with the Board of Directors.
Before assuming her duties at Invest Cyprus, Natasa was a Director and Regional Chief Operating Officer at Baker Tilly South East Europe, for Cyprus, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova. Natasa’s prior work experience includes 9 years at PwC in Cyprus, Milan and London, during which she worked in audit and international tax with clients in the financial services and energy sectors. She also has years of experience in training professional staff and ICAEW, ACCA and CIMA students.
Natasa graduated from Oxford University with a first class honours degree in Modern Languages and Literature. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC).
Apart from her native language, Natasa is also fluent in English, French and Italian.
Chairman & CEO of PHC Franchised Restaurants Public Ltd
Lysandros Ioannou is the Chairman and CEO and major shareholder of PHC Franchised Restaurants Public Ltd, the leader of Restaurant, Cafés and Catering Industry in Cyprus. The PHC Group operates more than 100 units ( Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Wagamama, Jamie’s Italian, Cafe Nero, Burger King etc) in Cyprus and Greece employing more than 2000 persons.
Graduate of the London School of Economics, he worked for Pepsi Cola International as Vice President Marketing (Middle East, Africa &Easter Europe) as well as Regional Vice President for Greece and the Balkans. He also worked for Procter & Gamble in different Marketing Assignments in Europe.
Both the companies of the Group he leads and Lysandros Ioannou personally have been repeatedly recognised in Cyprus and abroad : 2015 with the KEBE (Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry) ‘’Business Leader Award’’ (Tourism and Hospitality), 2015 and 2014 with the ‘’Wagamama’’ Time out Reader’s Choice Award, 2013 as ‘’Business Man of the Year’’ from the Johnny Walker Man of the year Awards, 2012 with the Award ‘’Manager of the year’’ from the ‘’In Business Magazine’’ and in 2011 with the Yum‘’Chairman’s Award’’ as best Pizza Hut Franchise.
ANTHONY E. GORTZIS
Chairman ONE TEAM S.A.
Born in Athens, he studied Economics and Law in the University of Athens. He completed his postgraduate studies in England, concentrating in Business Administration (MBA), Marketing and Econometrics. He also attended a crash course MBA in Harvard University.
Ηe was hired in the Marketing Department of UNILEVER.
He worked in the Marketing Department of UNILEVER in London, as Marketing Specialist on detergents for Europe and North America.
He became Marketing Director for Unilever detergents in Greece
- In 1986, he became as Marketing Director of ELAIS-UNILEVER FOODS DIVISION, and 1998, he became Public affairs, Media and Research Director for all UNILEVER(LEVER-ALGIDA-ELAIS) companies in Greece.
- In 1988 elected President of FEDIMA
Other than that, he was President of the Greek Institute of Marketing
- Since 1994, and member of the Board of the Greek Advertisers Association, and since March 1996, he holds the presidency
- In 1999, he was elected President of the World Federation of Advertisers (WFA).
- In 2003 he was elected as the General Secretary of the Board, of Chambers of Commerce for Piraeus.
- In 2005 he was elected as a member of the board of Mediterranean Chambers of Commerce.
- Since the beginning of year 2003 he is active (consultant) in the area of Media, Marketing and Public Relation, Public Affairs, CSR, Crisis Management, and since 2005 he is the Chairman of ONE-TEAM SA, THEME LTD and REPUTATION CAPITAL, marketing and communication companies, CSR, Crisis management ,PR, PA, Media consulting
- In April 2005 he was elected as Vice-President of the Hellenic Management Association and since May 2005, he is acting as the President of the EBEN.GR (Business Ethics Institute).
- In July 2007 he was elected as a member of the board of the ACTION-AID.
- In February 2008 he was elected as a president of the board for SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CITIZENS
- In Oct 2008 he was elected as a member of the European Business Ethics Network
- In April 2009 he was elected as a member of the board of the Inst. Professional orientation
- In Sept 2010 he was elected as a European President of Business Ethics Network
- In 2011 he was elected as a vice- President of a foundation for gifted children’s name Π.Α.Ι.Δ.Ε.Ι.Α
- In July 2014 he was elected as a President of the Strategic Board of the technical university of PIRAEUS for the Business administration dpt
- In JAN 2016 was elected member of the board of the NEW PLATO ACADEMY (INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION)
- In Dec 2015 was elected as the President of Pan-Hellenic Friends Association of the Archdiocese of the Greek Orthodox Church
- In April 2016 was elected member of the board of the INTERNATIONAL FRIENDS -ASOCIATION ,OF THE TEMPLE OF EPIKOURIOS APOLLO
He has a daughter and a son and 2 beautiful grand daughters